Thursday 13 September 2012

Figure Basing Tutorial

Here's a guide to how I base my figures, I use this system from 6mm to 28mm. The example here is an AB German Officer painted as a Generalmajor going to Darren of Rumbling Guns for a favour he did me. All colours are Vallejo. Dougie
1. Attach the figure to the base, if the base is particularly thick I blend it in with Vallejo pummice paste.
Image
2. Paint base with 873 US Field Drab.
Image
3. Use white glue to attach Woodland Scenics ballast onto the base. I use Fine Dark Brown code B71. This is a good match for 873. Make sure this is fully dry before starting the next stage.
Image
4. A heavy drybrush with 843 Cork Brown.
Image
5. Drybrush with 912 Tan Yellow
Image
6. Drybrush with 847 Dark Sand
Image
7. Very light drybrush with 837 Pale Sand
Image
8. Figure primed
Image
9. Figure painted and varnished
Image
10. Attach your choice of vegetation, static grass/foliage/tufts
Image

No comments:

Post a Comment