Friday, 30 May 2014

Renedra 1/56th scale 28mm Mud Brick House Part 3

Progress with this building, the door's been painted, distressed and attached, the structure given a drab monotone colour and attached to the base which I've finished. All that's left to do is add some small scenic details and pull it all together with a dusting.

Sunday, 25 May 2014

The Lambaste Family 28mm Survivors

Hi Folks,
             the Lambaste Family my first 3 survivors for a "Walking Dead" zombie apocalypse world. The figures are Hasslefree. I went for the clean look, although I was tempted to do the really dirty worn appearence you see in the "Walking Dead", I've a Studio Miniatures pack of the Grimes Family, so perhaps with them......
From left to right, Alyxx, Finn, and Lisa Lambaste
 Some close ups, Finn first
A close up of the sledgehammer and the splattered zombie brains

Sunday, 18 May 2014

Renedra 1/56th scale 28mm Mud Brick House Part 2

The base has been cut from 2mm mdf and the edge chamfered, the structure's had a blast of Halfords grey primer. I think I'll be painting it seperately from the base then attaching it and dusting the whole lot down to key it together.

Thursday, 15 May 2014

20mm Top Malo House finished!

Folks, Top Malo finished, work on some additional scenery items for the engagement next.

Monday, 12 May 2014

20mm Top Malo House Part 5

The progress with Top Malo, I wanted a distressed worn look, first off, after priming, was to block the colours in and start some detail work. I painted the roof a dark green and the walls grey, then started on the chimney. I'd used wills finecast brick sheeting, the brick is nicely detailed and took paint well, this was fully completed before I did anything else.

The door I wanted worn with the paint peeling, I selected a green then peeled and chipped it. The balsa door simply needed drybrushing up with lighter shades, the distressed peeling areas painted in and a darker wash to cool it all down.
Back to the roof, I painted in the roof barge boards and used the same method as the door then drybrushed up the roof with lighter shades of green to bring out the wriggly tin. It then received a dark wash along the wriggly tin overlaps and chipping added. I then added the various levels of rusting using MIG and AK Interactive products which are really easy to use, and the roof was complete.
I followed the same tecniques for the walls as I used on the roof, with more chipping at the lower level where items are more likely to scratch and cause damage. The photo below shows a wall having received the initial rusting but before the specific chip rusting has been applied.
I then added the specific rusting and painted and distressed the windows and got the initial groundwork on the base and that's where we are at the moment. I'm pleased with the way its progressing.