Tuesday 22 January 2019

28mm Chechen Improvised Anti-Tank Vehicle

This is my answer to the massive amount of Russian armour my gaming oppo is producing for our Chechen War set up. VW Samba minibus crewed by fighter with RPG18 as well as RPG7s stowed out a side window for easy access, what can go wrong?
 Picked the Cararama diecast up for a very reasonable £8.49. Now they are overscale at 1/43 but I think we can get away with it.
 Unboxed, perfectly suitable to put straight on the table but I like to have a little tinker with them
 Screws out broken up into its constituent parts
 Added a driver, a cut up Redstar figure
 The canvas sunroof is moulded on and has to go
 cut out and the folded sunroof made from plastic strip and wine bottle foil.
 Interior painted
 I followed my usual painting system, primed the vehicle and added some wear and tear, chipping grime and streaking.
 The fighter was one of the Empress Chechens and the loose RPGs I found in my spares box, not sure from where.

8 comments:

  1. Good work, Dougie! One point: this car is not typical for Chechnya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. Converting toy cars for wargames use always very pleasing but that is top notch work.

    Cheers, Andy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great model !! I want one! - If you did three or four more you could have an armoured column!! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic stuff Dougie.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfect for that table top back to the future game!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic work and suitable for a game of Back to the Future as well :-)

    ReplyDelete