Monday 20 April 2020

Fireteam Modern 2020 edition by Rory Crabb

Folks, those of you that follow this blog will know that I play a lot of Modern games and I've probably got a copy of most sets. For quite a while now my goto set for modern (post WW2) games has been "Firefight Modern" by Rory Crabb. This system is aimed at Platoon level and plays very well. Any how Rory has decided to update it and so we have its latest incarnation, "Fireteam Modern 2020 edition".

For those who play the system the differences are as follows, Activation dice are removed and replaced with Activation pips. This speeds up play and gets rid of the occasions where you can't activate, especially with lower quality troops. At first I wasn't sure about this but I've played a game and it works well, if you're not keen on it you can simply keep the activation dice without issues.
The morale rules have been tidied up as well as close combat, more chance of the losers "bugging out" or surrendering rather than fighting to the last man which I always thought was slightly unrealistic.
The system has been broken up into the rules, army lists and a 4 sided QRS which is easier on the printer ink.
I've just played a small Falklands scenario using the rules and I'll post an AAR over the next few days.
In closing I really rate and like this system if Modern Post WW2 gaming at Platoon level is an interest you should really get these rules, they are available from wargames vault here's the link Fireteam Modern
Dougie

2 comments:

  1. Must get the update. I do like the look of these rules. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete