Saturday 2 January 2021

20mm British Airborne Platoon HQ Part 1

 First update on my Platoon HQ, this is going to consist of 4 figures, Pl Commander, Pl Sgt, Private Radio Operator and the 4th man will be either a Private with 2" mortar or an M79, depending on the scenario, so I've selected the 5 Liberation Figures I'm going to use.


For the 2" mortar guy I wanted him to have it slung so picked a suitable figure and started scratching the mortar. Made primarily from plastic rod then added some green stuff for the sleeve and after attaching to the figure added a green stuff sling.




For the M79 variation I picked the Liberation figure using the grenade launcher so I needed to add his L1A1 slung, an Elhiem casting. Again I attached the weapon and used green stuff to add the sling.




On to priming and paint.

Dougie


3 comments:

  1. A great start..nice work with the green stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim I’ve found it’s best to mix the green stuff and leave it for a good hour before even attempting to use it 😉

      Delete