Wednesday 22 April 2020

20mm Argentine Cobra AT Missile Team Part 1

The Argentinians deployed this system on Longdon and a little research brought the basics, there isn't an exact model for the system, however the Soviet Sagger system is very similar. I decided to base the model on a Sagger which is available from a number of manufacturers and I had an Under Fire Miniatures pack from their Syrian range in my stash.
Here's a photo from Longdon showing the missile
The control system also appears to be very similar to Sagger with the operator guiding the missile to its target with a joystick, this is a pick of the Sagger control box.
 The Syrian crew that come with the pack weren't suitable so I checked out my Liberation box and found suitable figures for the 2 man crew.
The prone guys arms needed a little alteration with the joints sorted with green stuff.
That's were we are so far, I'll be putting the team on 3 bases, the missile, the prone operator and the pointing assistant.
Dougie

3 comments:

  1. Wow it looks like a sagger yeah. Crew will look excellent here.
    The Tom in that first pic looks like he has seen some amount of s**t by the time that pic is taken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Sgt Graham Colbeck from the Anti-Tank Platoon, Support Company 3PARA ;)

      Delete
  2. Glad its got you kick started Alan, I converted some standard FN armed troops to the HB version not too hard think I have some pics somewhere.

    ReplyDelete