Thursday 19 November 2020

20mm Argentine Oerlikon Twin 35mm AAA Part 1

Encountered by 2PARA at Goose Green the Oerlikon twin 35mm AAA posed a serious threat to ground troops as well as air assets. Rolf Hedges at Liberation mentioned that a 3D print of the gun was available at Butler's Printed Models, here's the link Oerlikon Twin 35mm
Here's a couple of photos of the weapon deployed in the Falklands



I've never tried a 3D printed model it was relatively cheap and it has the look although I'm not sure about the print lines, I know this is unavoidable so I'm going to see how it progresses. I'll be adding a little detailing, a crew and basing in in a similar fashion to the top photo with turf camo. The picture below is the BPM model as supplied. Dougie


4 comments:

  1. Alan all the photos I’ve seen it’s not there so I’m cutting it off, I’m intending to cam it heavily with turf, a bit concerned about the print lines but we’ll see how it comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure about those print lines

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a pretty nice model to me - when you say it was "relatively cheap" what do you mean? Liberation are always good value but interested to know what this cost?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Less than a tenner, good for the price it’s just me getting a bit anal with details lol

      Delete